MIRIAM FRIED - BACH SONATAS AND PARTITAS: ASSEMBLING THE MUSICAL PUZZLE
World Première: Miriam Fried’s exclusive 210-minute declaration of love and admiration for Bach. The most complete online video encyclopedia about Bach's violin solo repertoire in the world!
"I have observed in my teaching that many violin students seem to have misgivings about their ability to play Bach. I often wondered why that might be. Several reasons occur to me.
- negative psychological associations that arise due to the fact that Bach is always the required repertory piece at auditions and competitions
- conflicting info about the repertoire and how we should play it
- the music belongs to a very distant era
- our frame of reference for Bach is limited to the one picture of him we all know of a severe-looking old, dull man.
Maybe this is why many of the performances are often heavy, lacking in spirit, humour and humanity and quite simply very uninteresting? They certainly do not inspire enthusiasm for this music!
Let’s familiarize ourselves with the life and times of Bach. I cannot imagine a more deeply felt, almost religious experience, than that of playing the Chaconne, or any other of the famous solo Partitas and Sonatas.
I felt it as my mission to decipher the mathematical puzzle of his works, to unlock the gate and to release the wealth of emotion hidden within. I believe a thorough understanding of the style and an exploration of Bach's intentions as manifested in the inner life of the music are essential to enjoying this music. I worked for more than one year on these lectures to help you understand the beautiful and immense world of Bach’s music and I am very excited to share it now with you!
Let's explore together and join me on this wonderful journey. Discover new and interesting facts about Bach and his music. You will never ever play his music in the same way again."
Excerpt - Baroque Bow vs Modern Bow
Excerpt - Identifying the pieces of the puzzle
Excerpt - The Fugues
Contents and Specifications
Number of Tutorials 15
- Tutorial 1 - Why the solo Sonatas and Partitas
- Tutorial 2 - Biographical Notes
- Tutorial 3 - In Bach's own words
- Tutorial 4 - History of performance tradition
- Tutorial 5 - The language of music
- Tutorial 6 - Tools - The Bow
- Tutorial 7 - Tools - The left hand
- Tutorial 8 - Identifying the pieces of the puzzle
- Tutorial 9 - Mastering the art of creating illusions
- Tutorial 10 - The Bowings
- Tutorial 11 - Sonatas and Partitas Introduction
- Tutorial 12 - The Sonatas 1st movements
- Tutorial 13 - The Fugues
- Tutorial 14 - The Sonatas 3rd & 4th movements
- Tutorial 15 - The Partitas
Total Running time 3 hours 30 minutes
High-Quality Video - Variable speed
Stereo High Definition sound
Exclusive for iClassical Academy members for $ 19 (normal sales value of $ 150)
You can have a Free, Monthly $ 5 or a Yearly $ 47 Membership